1. Set up your online courses
Create a new class by clicking on the + button on the right upper corner. When the new window opens up, keep in mind the following:
- Do you offer an online stream for this course? choose YES
- In the description, specify how your customers can join your online course and what they need to participate (e.g. equipment need).
- Booking rules: you might want to create a new group dedicated only to online classes, as the pricing options could be different from your "in person" classes. If you are not sure about how booking rules work, please have a look here.
Which video platform should I use?
If you are still looking for the best streaming platform, we have some recommendations.
According to our research, Skype and Zoom are the best and easiest solutions. We have also prepared a small guide on how to use them:
You are, of course, still free to use a platform of your choice. Make sure it allows you to copy & share a streaming link.
2. Create a product to buy an online class
Your clients need a product before confirming a booking. We recommend to create
- Drop-in: if you want to offer single tickets
- Credit pass: if you want to offer a package of online classes
Method of payment
While selecting the method of payment, make sure to select an automatic method of payment so that your payments can be processed online.
We recommend to activate the credit card and/or the SEPA direct debit for your online classes
Select the same booking group you chose while creating your online event
3. Share your online calendar
Inform your clients that they can book your online classes through your booking calendar powered by Fitogram. How?
- Customise your online calendar
- Share your calendar on social media
- Integrate your calendar on your website
4. Get ready for your online course
If you have not entered the link for your live streaming you will be able to see a Check button near your online event
At least 30 minutes before the scheduled online event:
- From the Dashboard, click on the Check button or on the name of the event. You will be able to see the details of the event on the right side of the page.
- Enter the link to your live streaming (that you previously created on the chosen platform) in the corresponding field under the Check-in area.
- Click Submit. The check button in your dashboard now says okay
Please note: if you have not entered your stream link one hour before the scheduled event, you will receive an automated reminder.
4. Run the online course
Before you the class starts, make sure everything is ready for your livestream: stable Internet connection, webcam, microphone, light etc.
15 minutes before the start of the online class:
An automated email will be sent to all participants This email will contain the link that your customers can use to access the live stream.
IMPORTANT: If you have not entered the live stream link before your event, no email will be sent to your participants.
5 minutes before your scheduled event
Enter your virtual class and check if your participants are online:
- Mark them as present if they are online. Simply click on the check-in button next to the name and product.
- If someone does not attend, click on the three small dots next to the button and mark them as absent.
Please note: if customers click on the live stream link directly from the online calendar, they will automatically checked in.
Interested in the topic?
If you would like to deepen into online virtual classes, do not hesitate to have a look at our blog available on our website