In order to be able to provide your participants with a flexible offer, you have the possibility to pause your fixed-term contracts. The contract is thereby "extended" by the duration of the pause.
A contract pause allows you to pause and postpone the contract and automatic payments for a chosen contract period. This can be used for customers who are on holiday, have suffered an injury or are unable to attend classes for other reasons.
Pauses can only ever be made according to the pattern of the contract. For a contract which is paid monthly, pauses are also only possible on a monthly basis.
Add a pause
To add a pause, proceed as follows:
- Go to the respective customer's page.
- Under Active, click on the contract which you want to pause.
- Click on the three dots on the right and then on Pause.
- Select the duration of the pause.
- (Optional) Enter fees for the pause.
- Click on "Continue".
- (Optional:) Remove the tick next to "Should all bookings affected by the pause be cancelled?" so that bookings during the pause are not cancelled.
- Click on "Create pause(s)".
Pauses from the past cannot be added using the "Pause" button.
How the pause is displayed in the user’s profile
After a pause has been created, it is displayed in the transaction overview.
The period during which the contract is paused does not apply for the duration of the contract. The pause creates a time shift in the transaction overview. The contract is therefore extended for the duration of the pause.
Removing a pause
Of course, you have the possibility to undo the pause again. Click on "Delete" next to the listed pause in the transaction overview. The postponed transaction is then also reversed again.
What to do if an invoice has already been created for the paused period
A warning message will appear if an invoice has already been created for the paused period. Check the invoice and create a correction invoice if necessary. To do this, you must cancel the existing invoice and create a new one.