Searching for a customer and then suddenly see that they have been added to the system twice? Don't panic, this is quite easy to fix in FitogramPro.
Reasons for duplicate customers in FitogramPro
- The customer was created manually twice. This can happen if, for example, two trainers create the new customer in parallel.
- The first customer profile was stored in the system without an email address. The second customer profile was created by the customer when they registered their email address via the online booking system. Since the email address is the unique identifier, the customer could not be assigned to the profile without an email address.
- The same customer has either registered themselves with two different email addresses or was registered by you with two different e-mail addresses in FitogramPro.
Avoiding duplicate customers
To avoid duplicate customer profiles, you should use the general search bar in the top right to search for the name before creating a new customer profile. This way you can make sure that this customer does not already exist in FitogramPro.
When creating the customer’s profile, also make sure that you enter their current email address if you already know it.
Merging duplicate customers
If both customer profiles already contain data such as bookings, these can be combined using the "Merge customers" function.
This function copies all the attached data of customer A to customer B and then deletes customer A.
The copied data includes all bookings, shopping carts, credit passes, contracts, and invoices. However, the customer’s key data is not copied - this includes their first and last name, as well as their email address and their postal address.
These are now taken from customer B and can also be edited in this profile.
To merge a customer, proceed as follows:
- Go to the customer who you want to delete.
- Click on the arrow next to "Details/Edit" in the top right.
- Select "Merge customers".
- Search for the customer you wish to retain under "Select customer".
- Click on "Apply".